Sunday, July 19, 2009

Video killed the radio star

Yes, our blog is getting more and more neglected lately. There is a distinct reason for that - I joined Facebook in January, and it's just a lot easier to post things on there. Especially since almost all my loyal blog readers are also on Facebook. The blog took another big hit today, when my best friend Carolyn finally joined the FB trend and got an account there. Now, I think it's just my Dad and Pat left out in the dark. So, I'll blog as the urge hits. But, if you really want an up to the minute fix on cute pictures of Elizabeth (which I realize is the main reason people read this blog), I suggest you friend me on Facebook. (Yes, this is a not-so-subtle hint, Dad...)

But, for old times sake, I decided to blog about the fun-filled weekend we just had. We spent yesterday morning trading out beds in Elizabeth's room. She had finally outgrown her toddler bed, so we set up a twin bed in her room. That, along with the more grown-up bedding and moving some of her toys downstairs to make room for the new bed makes her room look like she's so much older now. Sigh...I still get a little sad when I look in there!

The Bluegrass fair was a big hit with Elizabeth. We've taken her every year, but she really hasn't gotten into it that much until this year. Now, she is a fearless 4-year-old, and she wanted to go on every ride she was tall enough to qualify for - more than once! She spent hours sliding, getting twisted and turned, and going on the mini-roller coasters. She just kept begging for more. I never would have believed that our timid little girl would turn into such a thrill-seeker, but it was great! We even topped the night off with a delicious funnel cake, complete with powdered sugar and chocolate and caramel sauce. All that, plus a ferris wheel and some live baby pig racing made it a perfect trip to the fair!







Then, today, we had the kick-off party for our vacation bible school at church. David valiantly volunteered for a stint in the dunking booth. It wouldn't have been so bad, except we had a cold snap this weekend, so it was a little chilly out and the water was freezing. Plus, he got the very first turn in the booth, so the kids were all a little over-anxious to dunk him. Those who didn't succeed by throwing often ran up to just hit the target, so he went in a bunch. Not to mention the fact that SOMEONE donated enough money for the kids to get unlimited turns....I'm not sure who that could have been, of course...

The kids lined up:



Before:



During:



After:



And Elizabeth's reaction - hysterical laughter:



Add in a big inflatable bouncyhouse and obstacle course, Sno-Cones, and popcorn, and a fun time was had by all!

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, July 20, 2009, Blogger KyTexBeth said...

I love seeing your pictures on Facebook, but don't stop blogging, since your stories are always so entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home