Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dear Cousin Brooke...

Dear Cousin Brooke,

I love you very much. Everytime I see your picture, I point to you and say "Brooke" (or "Buh" to the non-discerning ear). Of course, that's after I point at the picture of Neal, but Mommy and Aunt Amy are convinced that's only because Neal is wearing an awful bright orange shirt in the picture. Then, I give your picture kisses. Or, if I hear your name, I even kiss the air, because I love you so much. You're getting lots of air kisses lately, because Mommy and Daddy keep telling me you're coming to visit.

But, there's something that's starting to worry me. Mommy and Daddy also keep talking about this thing called "sharing" everytime they mention your name. Sure, they say it with a big grin, and make it sound wonderful, but they also do that when they want me to eat vegetables, and I'm catching on to their tricks. It appears this "sharing" thing has something to do with toys. That sounds pretty good, because I like toys, especially dolls. But, I thought we might need to get a few things straight before you come. I'm really glad you're coming and all, but I seem to remember you like dolls, too, and that has been somewhat of a problem when we've gotten together in the past...



But, we're much older now, and can handle these things like the mature toddlers that we are. I've even got a new addition to my repertoire I'm looking forward to showing you. I've learned a great new word - "mine". And, in fact, that's what all those cool toys normally are at Gran's house - mine! Check out what I do when you're not around - play with all of your favorite toys!



So, can't wait to see you, and I'll definitely "share" my vegetables with you when you come...just not so sure about MY toys!

Love,
Cousin Elizabeth

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

That's the best blog post ever! I'm sorry to say that I don't have very high hopes of Brooke having anything to do with sharing -- unless it's Elizabeth sharing with her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home